Our Changing Planet: The Year in Global Change Research
The latest edition of Our Changing Planet, USGCRP's annual report to Congress, illustrates the Program's significant progress in meeting our mandate and fulfilling the 2012-2021 Strategic Plan. It gives an overview of the Federal global change research enterprise and upcoming research priorities, with plain-language highlights spotlighting recent efforts to advance science and support societal needs. It also draws a line of sight between USGCRP’s strategic research goals and several aspects of the President's Climate Action Plan.
Among the many highlights in the report, a few examples include:
- New satellite missions to measure global change
- Progress in forecasting near-term climate
- Understanding natural and human factors in the carbon cycle
- Modeling climate impacts on agriculture and the agro-economy
- Delivering the 2014 National Climate Assessment
- Supporting climate preparedness and resilience in the Federal Government
- Building capacity among climate change interpreters in informal education settings
Our Changing Planet demonstrates how USGCRP reaches across the spectrum of research, assessment, decision support, education, and communication to build a knowledge base that informs human responses to global change.