USGCRP Strategic Planning
USGCRP Strategic Planning
Updates to the 2012–2021 Strategic Plan
The update meets the requirements set forth in the U.S. Global Change Research Act of 1990 (Section 102, P. L. 101–606) to provide a triennial update of the decadal National Global Change Research Plan. This report was developed by the Strategic Plan Integration and Writing Teams, which report to the Subcommittee on Global Change Research and the National Science and Technology Council’s Committee on the Environment, Natural Resources, and Sustainability.
- 2017 Triennial Update
Input to the 2012–2021 Strategic Plan
- 2007–2009 Listening Sessions with stakeholder groups
- 2010–2011 Town Halls to provide updates on the Plan's development and facilitate ongoing stakeholder engagement
- 2012 60-day public comment period | National Research Council review of draft Plan
- 2016 Update to the Strategic Plan 60-day public comment period | Public Comment Draft
- National Research Council reports commissioned to guide USGCRP activities and future planning
Strategic Planning History
Past strategic plans that have guided USGCRP over time, including during the period 2002–2009, when the Program was known as the U.S.
- 2008 - Revised Research Plan: An Update to the 2003 Strategic Plan
- 2003 - Strategic Plan for the U.S. Climate Change Science Program
- 1989 - Our Changing Planet: The FY 1990 Research Plan
- 1989 - Our Changing Planet: A U.S. Strategy for Global Change Research
National Research Council Reports
Available from the National Academies Press.
- 2011 - America's Climate Choices. 144 pp.
- 2010 - America's Climate Choices: Advancing the Science of Climate Change. 528 pp.
- 2010 - America's Climate Choices: Adapting to the Impacts of Climate Change. 292 pp.
- 2010 - America's Climate Choices: Informing an Effective Response to Climate Change. 348 pp.
- 2010 - America's Climate Choices: Limiting the Magnitude of Future Climate Change. 726 pp.
- 2009 - Restructuring Federal Climate Research to Meet the Challenges of Climate Change. 254 pp.
- 2009 - Informing Decisions in a Changing Climate. 200 pp.
- 2008 - Ensuring the Climate Record from the NPOESS and GOES-R Spacecraft. 180 pp.
- 2008 - Potential Impacts of Climate Change on U.S. Transportation: Special Report 290. 296 pp.
- 2008 - Global Climate Change and
Extreme WeatherEvents: Understanding the Contributions to Infectious Disease Emergence: Workshop. 304 pp.
- 2008 - Hydrologic Effects of a Changing Forest Landscape. 194 pp.
- 2008 - Observing Weather and Climate from the Ground Up: A Nationwide Network of Networks.
- 2008 - Public Participation in Environmental Assessment and Decision Making. 322 p.
- 2007 - Earth Science and Applications from Space: National Imperatives for the Next Decade and Beyond. 456 pp.
- 2007 - Assessment of the NASA Applied Sciences Program. 160 pp.
- 2007 - Evaluating Progress of the U.S. Climate Change Science Program: Methods & Preliminary Results. 170 pp.
- 2007 - Analysis of Global Change Assessments: Lessons Learned. 182 pp.
- 2007 - Understanding Multiple Environmental Stresses: Report of a Workshop. 141 pp.
- 2007 - Research and Networks for Decision Support in the NOAA Sectoral Applications Research Program. 96 pp.
- 2007 - Environmental Data Management at NOAA: Archiving, Stewardship, and Access. 130 pp.
- 2007 - NOAA’s Role in Space-Based Global Precipitation Estimation and Application. 142 pp.