USGCRP Indicator Platform
The indicator platform is an interagency collaboration that leverages efforts from across the USGCRP agencies and highlights key climate information in the form of indicators that:
- Provide foundational science in support of USGCRP sustained assessment products including the National Climate Assessment
- Showcase examples from Federal agency-specific indicator efforts
- Connect Federal agency research and science to USGCRP priorities
Indicators of Change
Climate indicators show trends over time in key aspects of our environment including:
Indicators based on long-term, consistently collected data can be used to:
- Understand how our climate and environmental conditions are changing
- Consider and assess risks and vulnerabilities
- Help us prepare, take action, and improve resilience to the impacts of climate change
Learn About Trends in Climate Change
Selected Federal Climate-Related Indicators
Learn more about climate change indicator research at USGCRP agencies.
EPA partners with more than 40 data contributors from various sources to compile a key set of climate change indicators.
The State of the Climate is a collection of monthly summaries recapping climate-related occurrences on both a global and national scale.
Explore vital signs of global climate change and global warming, such as Carbon Dioxide, Global Temperature, and Arctic Sea Ice Minimum.